2006-03-26

Jack Johnson and Curious George

Somethings go together, like rapsberry jam and butter on sourdough toast. Other things don't fit so well, at least on the surface. I came across this latest offering from Jack Johnson while searching for some Ben Harper music. But it would be better to say, "I stumbled upon it;" because I did stumble spiritually by starting to think ill thoughts of Jack for working on this project in the first place. I mean seeing this soundtrack by Jack Johnson for this movie was much along the lines of running into Queen Elizabeth while at a strip joint or at the neighbourhood drug dealer's home: "...... excuse me, what are you doing here....moreover, why am I here?" Consider that even my children wouldn't want to see the movie for this soundtrack. And that shows good taste. Does anyone know whether this music is worth checking out? I like Jack Johnson's music, but I hesitate with this Curious George soundtrack. Let me know what you know in the comments.

3 comments:

Mr. P said...

the one song I heard was fine, neither here nor there, but similar to his other stuff. perhaps a bit influenced by producers, but I don't know.

Ben Harper's new album on the other hand, pure gold.
not every one a smash hit, but most are good, deep, thoughtful, tuneful and soulful. definetely a 4.98 out of 5

Joe, Stacey, Joshua, James and Matthew said...

Well, Joshua likes the one song ... but he is only 10 months old. (And truthfully it might just be the monkey in the video that he likes!) :P

Kassianni said...

I've got this soundtrack on hold at the library, so I'll let you know. (maybe sometime next year?:P)
I've enjoyed everything of his so far...
He's actually an appropriate choice for a soundtrack of this type. His music is very 'light'. Easy to listen to, but not vapid.
Beach music, since he is a surfer from Hawaii.