2006-05-27

course load revisited...

Another more senior colleague at my high school grieved the fact that the head of my department had assigned me History 12. As the formula the union uses to resolve such disputes involves looking at years of teaching beyond equivalent credentials, it was clear to me that my colleague would get what she wanted -- I am almost 41 and she is in her late 50s. My only solace was in the fact that my department head thought I was the best teacher to take the course. Accordingly I had to accept a different course load, albeit a slightly easier load for which to prepare materials. This will be my load in the coming 2006-2007 school year:>

2 blocks En.12
3 blocks En.11
2 blocks En. 8

In other news, I gave up the computer coordinator block. So my duties will be strictly in English this next year.

No comments: