2006-05-24

course load

Next school year I will have a rather heavy marking load. A full time instructor has 7 teaching blocks and 1 preparation block. My schedule for 2006-2007 looks so:>

En.12 - 2 blocks (English 12=loads of essays to mark)

Hi.12 - 2 blocks (History 12=content volume; essays)

En.11 - 1 block (English 11=loads of essays to mark)

En.8 - 1 block (English 8=easy load to mark; just manage the teeny-boppers by scaring them with my trademark wildeman.manly.looks)

The astute among you are wondering where I get my seventh block, aren't you? Well, I won't keep you in suspense. That other block comes from my computer coordinator block. Yes, knowing how to use OpenBSD and other Unix-like systems has its advantages. However I may drop the computer coordinator block and pick up another En.8 if I think I will have to help a load of llama newbie computer lusers with their problems reading documented directions.

Accordingly this summer I will be beefing up my En.12 lecture notes and assignments. Similarly I will do the same for Hi.12, which covers the years 1919 to 1991. Yes, the years are wacky; I didn't set them: the ministry did. And we all know what great decisions the ministries of education have made over these last fifty years Canada-wide. I will never forgive the dropping of classical Latin and Greek from the curriculum. That, for me, was much like saying forget what in great part has formed your world. But being culturally disinherited is not the worst thing that could happen; being spiritually disinherited is the worst. Hold the phone...that hasn't happened, or no?

1 comment:

RW said...

you will be an awesome teacher of English and History -