2006-12-30

New Years is Coming...

....And that means it will be soon time for the bash at the Jordan's dwelling! I am still trying to determine which tunes to bring. No one will want my Bach or Mozart, so I will be bringing my favourite pop tunes that were formative in developing me. My old piano instructor would be laughing if he read that; but appreciating music is something quite apart from performing it. Songs by Cash, Jane's Addiction, the Minutemen and the Meat Puppets are all candidates to make my list....there are so many songs and so little time before the big bash. I have my ale and scotch ready to transport out to the boondocks.

Last night we went over to the Folster's for dinner with some regular friends in addition to some new folks, Rian and Naomi. It was a fun and lively time; Dave and Andrea put on such a fine spread, anyone who knows them, knows that that is regular for them. My thanks go out to Andrea and Dave for inviting Ramone and I over.

Let me take this moment to send out greetings and good cheer to all of my very few readers; no doubt you, the happy few that you are, will be able to spread my good cheer all about through your numerous friends and acquaintances!

Pictured is my new 1946 Leitz IIIc camera; the body is solid brass and functionally the camera has a jewel-like precision. When Ramone allows me to get a film scanner, I will post some of my successful snapshots.

3 comments:

Donna Farley said...

I'll listen to the Bach & Mozart, Thomas!

Maybe I should bring Journey of the Celts by Will Millar & Paul Horn, which I picked up on the ferry and haven't even listened to yet:

http://www.celtic-music.com/celtic-music/?p=music&cd=journey

Father got a Dixie Chicks CD for Christmas......

Amy said...

How was the beer stealing this year?

Kassianni said...

funky camera thomas. you'll have to show me some of your pics.