2007-01-07

Leitz Elmar 5cm 3:5 lens

My son graciously gave me this pictured Elmar lens as well as a Leica Summitar lens for Christmas; and I love using both on the Leitz IIIc body Hannah gave me (which is pictured in my previous post below). Thanks heaps and heaps, Luke and Hannah!!! I am sure Ramone does not appreciate their generosity, but she will in time learn to forgive their lack of thrift and move on to other joys and worries.... :)

In other news I have slowly started to enjoy Sufjan Stevens' music; more specifically his song "Transfiguration" off of his album Seven Swans is such a beautiful tune. I maintain the oboe is what makes the song have a magical feel. But the story Sufjan has to work with is no slouch.

Today our house was entirely un-Christmased; all of our decorations are now wrapped, boxed and waiting to celebrate the glory of Christ's Nativity next December 25th. I will miss the lights of Christmas.

To make matters one bit harsher I just noticed that the Lenten pattern starts earlier than I am used to this year; Zaccheus Sunday is coming two weeks from now on Jan.21st! I know that is not the real beginning to Lent, but it serves as a huge kick in my spiritual arse; the upside being that Pascha comes so much sooner, too:)

2 comments:

Kassianni said...

yes, Lent begins hard on the heals of our women's retreat.
but what a great way to kick off Lent!
too bad you can't come.

RW said...

yeah. too bad.