2007-02-01

Flies, Rivers and Bright Eyes

Starting to think about casting my flies. This wonderful shot of the Capilano R. does not indicate where I will head. It does indicate, however, why I will head out. Look more closely if you do not see my reason.

It is there.

In other news, a student of mine gave me a copy of Bright Eyes' album "Fevers & Mirrors"; I have given it a good listen while farting around during this evening. I enjoy the album as a whole but the tracks 'Something Vague' and 'Movement of a Hand' are the catchiest tunes initially. The album shows the perspicacious thoughts of the song writer for the band. 'When The Curious Girl Realizes She Is Under Glass' is a tune that has a haunting series of aural images which captured my attention and got me thinking. The harsh phone-off-the-hook sound initially bothered me, but I think I get the point. It plays into the 'fevers' motif of the album; those things which keep you up at night, calling your conscience, etc.. The Fiddler on the Roof inspired 'Sunrise, Sunset' is steadily growing on me; it has the notion of futility and the circularity of the day wrapped together in a most curious way.

Ramone is home. Time to chat.

1 comment:

thomasw said...

the q introduced me to this.