2005-12-09

be manly

this image comes out of the matrix, a terrific show to watch when you are wanting to learn to fight against the darkness and the demonic. this is agent smith in your face with his weapon, ready to try to take you out. of course this is exactly the way it is; we are at war with these awful unseen demonic forces and they put all their best weapons to work to take us out on a daily basis. and they are very good at what they do; there is no denying it. but the point is to never give in, to keep getting back up and to take another beating, to persevere and be manly.the story of st.george fighting the dragon is useful at times of intense spiritual warfare. just look at this saintly knight driving the demon off, rebuking it in the name of christ, breaking its very heart and knees. we can take strength from this, that in our struggles, too, we are best to fight by fighting for it in the holy name of jesus. i hope that everything st.paul wrote is true and worthy of following and trusting, even the smaller details and hard to grasp lessons on hair and head coverings. but most of all is that bit he wrote about how all ought to bend their knees at the name of jesus. i trust that all knees will bend to that holy name or they will be broken. st.george seems to me like a knee-breaker. for myself, it is high time to crack back at some demonic knees. it is time for me to be ever so manly and pray and fast and continue to war. this advent fast is a tough one for me....and i am not sure why, but i know when i have a demon in my face. arrrgggh! Just be manly...

2 comments:

Kassianni said...

i love your posts thomas.
they are so straightforward, and to the point, and encouraging.

I loved the first Matrix, the second and third, not so much,
but there is a wonderful scene in the third, where Zion is being beseiged (While Neo is above ground, fighting the source of the evil), and the people are doing their best, but losing, and then the battle starts to turn, and Morpheus stops in the midst of all the chaos, and looks up, and says quietly but powerfully:
"He fights for us"

It sent chills down my spine, and brought sudden tears to my eyes.
It is still true. He fights for us.

Stacy said...

Gee Thomas, you make me want to be manly! Hmmm... I don't know that I like, "she's a manly kind of woman" but from you I think it would be a compliment if I were to deserve it.

Yeah... "womanly" just doesn't bring about the same mental picture does it? Okay, so yeah, I want to "manly." Hmmm... don't tell anyone I said that, though. Ok? ;)