2006-02-04

Boom, drizzle, crack! and some baby talk...

I love the wind and the rain; and I love chocolate and cinnamon buns. But too much of a good thing is too much, excessive, over-done, a lot of plenty, etc., etc.. I heard that twins have been born to Deanna and Peter; moreover I am given to understand that the boy is named Thomas. I'd like to congratulate the parents on having the good sense to use such a manly name. The baby girl's name is Elizabeth; and I do have a fondness for that name, too, even though I do not utilize the name. Thomas the baby: what an outstanding name to grow up with and to grow into. Arrrgggh!

Gabe and Amy had a boy with a fine name, too: Owen. What is especially cool about the Little O-man's name is the pronounciation of the initials of his three given or Christian names: O + P + E or 'Oppie'; as, for instance, in the little kid played by Ron Howard on the old Andy Griffith Show. Owen is one of my favourite names. In fact, if Ramone and I were to have a divinely sent accident in the form of another male baby, we'd probably name him Henry Owen Thomas; and yes he'd be one HOT! baby I am sure!

Congratulations to Amy, Gabe, Peter and Deanna on the recent arrivals. May you be given the strength, honour and wisdom to raise them well!

I sure do hope to see some sunshine soon.

7 comments:

Kassianni said...

we actually considered thomas for christian, but then decided we knew too many thomas's. (about 3, i think).
but it is a fine name.
were you known as tommy when you were a kid?

thomasw said...

hehe, gar nichts.

thomasw said...

just about everyone who knows me calls me thomas, at home or at work. some fly fishing guys call me tom, but never tommy. i don't mind tom, but i have grown to prefer thomas because that's what ramone prefers...but i dislike the boyish tommy as i don't think it suits me.

when i was younger my nickname was never a contraction of thomas, for it was based on my very cool surname:) i was the_wildman, which, if you think about it is a lot like being called 'the_manly_man'. so i had nothing but a groovy surname and ultra-cool given names:)

Stacy said...

What does "Thomas" mean?

Mr. P said...

yeah, I look forwad to sunshine too.

in other news, don't miss the bag of ultra cool books I left for luke on your door handle, front door.

hatchet etc.

thomasw said...

stacoy:
thomas means 'twin' or 'dual'; as, a euphemism for having a 'likeness to the divine'.

also it is a euphemism for a 'manly dude'; which is rather apropos, if you think about it! :p

davido:
thanks, luke will be pleased.

kimberley francis said...

thomas, i think i may need a tutorial on the word cloud thingy. i tried it, after seeing yours (not ramona's...ramona's was actually undectable to my eye for some time).

yeah, so we'll see what comes up... but so far, nada!