2006-02-02

Bell X1

In this post I will tell you about a model jet Luke and I will build in the coming weeks. I bought a model of this Bell X1 jet for my son Luke. The Bell X1 was the first jet to break the sound barrier on October 14, 1947; Chuck Yeager was the pilot. This weekend we will buy the cement and orange paint for it. Luke is quite excited about putting it together. I like working on modelling projects with Luke; he has loads of patience for a guy his age and takes instructions well. Being teachable is such a virtue and is a sure sign of intellectual humility. Moreover, he has steady hands and an eye for detail. As he grows older I am sure he will learn to anticipate what is needed in a working situation better than he does currently. He's not bad at anticipating, but he needs to refine his observation skills and 'read' situations more accurately. I am well-pleased with my son and his manly progress into becoming a young man!

This weekend Ramone goes in for a MRI on her back at St. Paul's Hospital. Lord, I hope all is well! I don't want to go down that bad-back road again. Please do offer a pray up on behalf of my wife's back; she's already had numerous back surgeries and we don't need any further hospital time.

While we are in town Hannah and I will pick up some Chuck Taylor's; argggh! manly cruisers indeed! Hannah wants to get navy or brown low cuts so they match anything she wears, while I will go for a cream colored set of high tops. Yes, I am so harsh and stylish.

Well I think that's enough manliness for this entry. Here's a cool blog to check out. She wrote an interesting article on Islam and Free Speech and constantly updates her blog with details of an ongoing series of apartment renovations and informative shots of Leith, Edinburgh. Enjoy...

1 comment:

RW said...

Yes indeed. Luke is looking forward to building this plane with you.