2007-03-05

Johnny Canuck on the Canuck's new uniform

According to numerous, perhaps false reports, the new Canucks uniform looks absolutely smashing! One can only hope that the Canucks get rid of the Orca and go back toward this retro-look. It is a good blend of the past and the present. Most fans of the Canucks prefer the original jerseys over any subsequent design. I concur with this thinking. The current orca is silly; it seemed to me more of a corporate logo for the company -- Orca Bay -- that owned the Canucks prior to the current local ownership. I love the Johnny Canuck logo that Luongo wears on his retro face mask; the Canucks should put it on the jersey itself as seen in this prototype. The orca has nothing whatsoever to do with the Canucks or hockey. It is high time for a change to what was better. I hope this view prevails; if it does, I would consider buying a jersey. The only remaining question would be which player number to stitch on it. There are a number of current candidates: Linden, Luongo, Naslund. Some of the older Canucks would be possibilities, too.

I am home from work today; my illness is nothing serious, and after another day of rest and recuperation my sore throat, sinus infection and accompanying headache should be tolerable enough to go to work with. I am so fatigued with the end of second term marking and reporting that my body has succumbed to the bugs. But I know the routine. I am very much awaiting the two week Spring Break after this Friday!

In other news I picked up my replacement Prophet. It rides well, though I say that having only gone on one very short ride. I am still wanting the blood of the thieves who stole my original Prophet. But over time I hope to get over it; isn't there a saying which runs something like this: "It is fruitless to become lachrymous over precipitately departed lacteal fluid?" So like Celine I will go on, trying to turn the other cheek, not thinking about the spilled milk.

///listening/// Bright Eyes: LIFTED or the Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground

1 comment:

thomasw said...

nobody loves johnny canuck