2005-10-26

Going to watch the decalogue

Ramone talked me into this cool dvd by mail program over at videomatica.ca; we get two dvds sent to us at a time, with no limit on due dates, or on how many flicks we can see: they come as quickly as we mail the pre-stamped envelopes back. It is all based on a set monthly charge. So far we have seen a lot of very fine films. I am a huge Kurosawa man; and I have had the opportunity to see some of his less popular films recently. Rhapsody in August is the next one I will get to view...

The Decalogue is a series of 10 short films with each story taking as its theme one of the Ten Commandments. The rating for this series on imdb.com is very high and so are my hopes for it.

I enjoy different types of films for different reasons, and the main reason I would watch a series of films like these is because I am hoping to get some insight into.....something. Contrary to what my wife will tell people, I am something of a manly thinker; and a thinker such as myself does require thoughtful simulation in the flick watching department on occasion.

I think my tolerance for violence in movies is higher than most of my friends....I guess that's another one to talk to the priest about. Oh, I left my numb-chucks and switch-blade outside beside my rocket launcher....I must go retrieve them so they don't rust in the rain:) Am I not a dude, even a harsh dude? Indeed.

6 comments:

Matthew Francis said...

Dude!

That Decalogue sounds intriguing... thanks for the tip, Thomas.

Kassianni said...

I've seen it, it's amazing.
but I won't build it up too much, but let you judge for yoursef.
I loved it.
avery watched a couple of them with me as well.

Mr. P said...

nice!

kimberley francis said...

contrary to your belief, your wife often will refer to you as 'the manly thinker' that you are.

that's such a savy program. i just paid 21 bucks in late charges for keeping 'what the bleep do we know' for an extra week, unbeknownst to me.

i need to get on the program.

Kassianni said...

zip.ca is similar.
monthly payments.
unlimited rentals.
no charge return.
we like it.
just watched million dollar baby.
an excellent film.
the bonus is a huuuuge selection of foreign and indy films.
i've watched about 5 kirosowa's so far.
they're so entertaining.
the kids love them too.
that's one thing i appreciate about the older films, is that you don't usually have a problem with the kids watching them too.

Mr. P said...

Hey Thomas,
if you would like to join the st.herman's blog, (it was born today) send me an email via the link on the side of my blog, and I will send you an invite. you are both welcome, as active st. herman's bloggers. there are a few others who are invited who are not st. hermanites, but are honorary or friends of st. herman's in one way or another. check it out

we need to have a good mix of input, like harsh beer connoisseur types, and movie critic types, which reminds me to get Peter T in on this. i almost forgot!

www.saintherman.blogspot.com

Dave