2005-10-21

Looking Up

With Vince Ready making some recommendations, the BCTF membership will get to vote whether to go accept them or not.

I will not hide the fact that I will vote for it. The thing the more miltitant membership of the BCTF need to ask themselves is this: will Ready or some other arbitrator actually give /recommendation a better deal next week? That seems unlikely, even unreasonable. I say we should cut our losses and weigh the benefits of these recommendations. Consider as well that we will be negotiating a new contract over the summer of 2006.

Even though I strongly oppose the way the Liberal government used the Law to run away from a contract , I I still cannot say that I support, unreservedly, the breaking of a court order about this relatively small issue in the big schemme of things. If it were about a more important moral issue , t hen I could see holding out longer or even being willing to put my life and /or lifestyle on the line. But this is not like that.

The best thing about this strike is that it has made me trust more in my Lord Jesu. Not a bad thing, but I wish He could've done it in a nother way ---the php is s crewing up ---- like, for example, made my friend suffere to show me the value of it in pulling me closer to the Unknown God. It remionds me of the pulley by George Herbert.....I dislike obedience less ons when they happen to me; to others, i sort of enjoy them with a slight chuckle. Ah, my sadistic piety. I will have to confess this rot to my priest.....

Be of good cheer, Thomas, you gett o work on Monday....we will seee. I will stay prayerful about this.

woe to the php!!!

1 comment:

Kassianni said...

I must confess that I am not an overly political person (to the chagrin of my papa-in-law and politically zealous nursing sister-in-law). ignorance is bliss?
or maybe there's just so much already to occupy my mind, thoughts and life.
That doesn't stop me from caring about the people affected though, and feeling no small amount of indignation at the perpetual greed and stupidity of our politcal parties. I too, would like to get back to work, and all the lovely paycheques that come along with it!
So I'm there with you, Thomas!
word to your mother, peace out, and all that...:)