2005-11-07

hyssop

Psalm 51:7 reads "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." When I read that Psalm in my childhood my mind wondered how God could use a weed like hyssop to clean someone of such a terrible sin as David was repenting of. As I grew older I thought starting a soap company called 'Hyssop Soap' would be a rather cool venture for a business. Verse 6 explains poetically where the real cleaning would take place; "...in the inward being; ...in my secret heart." Hence the soap would be quite useless at cleaning up sin. But it was a nifty idea nevertheless, at least for a little chap.

Even now I wish there was cleansing soap for sin; I'd use it instead of my daily dose of Pears!

3 comments:

Kassianni said...

cool idea. but sounds weird on the tongue.
hyssop soap. to many ssss's

Kassianni said...

otherwise you could really 'clean up'. har har, right?
(phil would be proud:)

Mr. P said...

maybe it should be hyssoap. or
His Soap, oh, oh the puns, they are choking me, taking over my soul.